Friday, March 24, 2017
Top Ten Signs That Your House May Be Haunted
A writer with The Greenwich Times recently interviewed me on living in old homes. Having lived in 8 old homes during our married life, my husband and I have some experience in this regard. The article, This House Has A Soul, speaks to the kind of person that does well living in a pre-war home.
What it doesn't talk about is a whole different dimension on the topic: The possible presence of a ghost or ghosts. A Google search of "ghosts in my house" turns up 6 million results.
A review of the literature shows some common themes. Based on that search, here is my list of the Top 10 Signs That Your House Is Haunted:
1. Lights turning on and off, or up and down, on their own.
2. Light bulbs blowing frequently.
3. Unexplained noises – but when you go to investigate, there is nothing there.
4. Doors and cabinets opening and closing on their own.
5. Seeing unexplained shadows from the corner of your eye.
6. Items disappear then reappear or change direction/orientation.
7. Strange behaviour from your pets, e.g. dogs barking or growling at something you cannot see, cats staring in a particular area as if they can see someone.
8. Hearing voices of people, whispers, or someone calling your name.
9. Seeing twinkling lights, mists or unexplained moving shapes.
10. Sudden temperature drops, especially in one area of the property.
What should you do if you think you have a ghost? There's 79 million opinions on the Internet, to help you arrive at a plan of action.